Individuals suffering from Gender dysphoria resolve to this surgical treatment. People who are born with ambiguous genitalia may develop this disorder. Sometimes people may even fight a mental state where they suffer from crossed gender identification, and opt for this surgery. Gender dysphoria is different from homosexuality and must not be confused.We have Sex Change Surgery price information in 8 cities.
|City||Average Price||Starting Price||Price Upto|
|Bangalore||Rs. 262000.00||Rs. 150000.00||Rs. 400000.00|
|Chennai||Rs. 213500.00||Rs. 100000.00||Rs. 350000.00|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 189583.00||Rs. 100000.00||Rs. 350000.00|
|Kolkata||Rs. 190833.00||Rs. 120000.00||Rs. 300000.00|
|Mumbai||Rs. 239464.00||Rs. 150000.00||Rs. 350000.00|
|New Delhi||Rs. 306667.00||Rs. 100000.00||Rs. 600000.00|
|Pune||Rs. 169677.00||Rs. 80000.00||Rs. 350000.00|
Prior to operation, a psychiatric evaluation is done for patients who desire a sex change. In this test, the psychiatrist tries to identify the mental stress of patients; arising from the feeling of being in a body with a “wrong” gender. Severe cases are recommended to go for surgical treatment. Rest of the cases are initially treated with psychiatric counseling.
Anatomy conversion from male to female requires the removal of penis and testes. The urethra is cut for this purpose and the extra skin is used to create labia and vagina. Genital tissues are reshaped to appear more feminine. The prostate gland is however retained. After the surgical treatment, female hormone estrogen is induced to stimulate breast development, reduce facial hair development and increase voice pitch.
Female to male conversion show lesser success as compared to the vice versa condition. It is due to the natural complexity of female anatomy, that makes It difficult to be accomplished with ease. As for example, clitoral tissues of female genitals are too small for penis development. Therefore, hormones are injected to enlarge these tissues. Further, complex breast reduction techniques need to be followed to remove breast tissues. If all these techniques are successful enough, only then androgens are induced to stimulate facial and chest hair followed by voice change.
Cost of sex change surgery in India ranges between INR 2,00,000 to INR 7,00,000 depending on conversion type and hospital you choose.
To ensure quick recovery, high protein diet is recommended. Patients are also required to follow liquid diet for few days. It is because, early bowel movements may result to complexities. Pain relief medicines are prescribed that need to be taken so as to avoid severe post operative pain.
Experienced Surgeon for Transgender Surgery In India
Dr. Narendra Kaushik is a plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon who has 15 years of experience working with transgender patients. Dr. Kaushik is a strong supporter of transgender rights in India, and he has operated on thousands of trans men and women, both from India and abroad. He is the founder and director of New Delhi-based, Olmec – The Premier Transgender Surgery Institute, the first centre of its kind in India that is certified by the International Board of Medicine and Surgery (IBMS). Dr. Kaushik offers the full range of gender reassignment surgery procedures including Vaginoplasty, FFS, Phalloplasty and FTM Top Surgery.
Dr. Kaushik has extensive medical training and maintains memberships in Indian and International professional organizations.
Education and Training
- Master of Chirurgiae (Mch) Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery – Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery – Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana.
- Master of Surgery (MS) General Surgery – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana
- Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS), official body of International Society of aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS).
- International Board of Medicine and Surgery (IBMS), USA
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India (AHRSI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Directorate of Health Services (Government of Delhi) (DHS) (Reg No: DHS/NH/907)
- Delhi Medical Council (No: 24700)
- Medical Council of India (Mem No:15775)
Dr. Kaushik is well-known in the UK as he appeared in a BarcroftTV/BBC documentary about male-to-female surgery, and is also an Official Sponsor of Miss Transgender UK (2015, 2016.)
About 10% of Dr. Kaushik’s patients come from abroad and that number is rising. “The number of surgeries are increasing day by day,” said Dr. Kaushik. “This community is very well connected all over the world… If they are satisfied with their procedures in India, they spread the word.” (theindiansubcontinent.com)
“I wanted affordable quality care from a highly experienced surgeon with high patient satisfaction from reference-able clients.”
– Sue Pascoe, patient of Dr. Kaushik’s from the UK who received gender reassignment surgery with FFS and Breast Augmentation. (India Times)
Dr. Kaushik has received numerous awards for his achievements in plastic and cosmetic surgery and hair transplant surgery, including an Award of Excellence in Plastic and Transgender Surgery at the All India Achiever’s Conference’s 68th National Seminar (2014.)
Dr. Kaushik performs the following surgeries for trans men and women.
Exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation.
Facial Feminization & Hair Transplants in India
Also see: Vaginoplasty Photos
FTM Top Surgery in India
Consultations with Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik is available for phone and in-office consultations. Dr. Kaushik’s wait list for surgery dates is 2-4 weeks depending on the procedure(s).
“I wanted the very best and I got the very best.”
– Retired British violinist Rosy Mica Kellett who decided to travel to India for male-to-female gender reassignment surgery based on glowing recommendations for her surgeon. It was also 14,000 pounds ($20,000) — less than half the cost in the UK. (theindiansubcontinent.com)
Payment of Fees
Dr. Kaushik accepts cash, credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover), bank transfer, debit card and PayPal. Sorry, financing or insurance coverage are not available at this time.
Dr. Kaushik follows WPATH guidelines for surgery. You will require letters of recommendation from qualified healthcare providers. Additionally, patients must be physically fit and cleared for anesthesia.
Have questions for Dr. Kaushik? Contact the staff at Olmec by clicking the Send Inquiry button.