Community Manager Cover Letter
Community Managers are responsible for handling the communications of an organization; their main areas of expertise are public relations, social media, event coordination, and content creation and editing. Examples of Community Manager duties include: attending industry events, handling social network accounts, writing blog posts and content for social media, liaising with media representatives, developing marketing and communication plans, and identifying business development opportunities.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Community Manager, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Communication and public relations expertise
- Social media experience
- Networking and interpersonal skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Multitasking and prioritization
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of current affairs and intuition
Below is presented a cover letter example highlighting similar Community Manager qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Community Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. O’Neill:
Success in the world of social media marketing requires the ability to engage with the public, advocate and promote brand messaging, and connect with potential clients to stimulate outstanding customer experiences and build a loyal client base to accelerate revenues. As an enthusiastic professional with a comprehensive knowledge of diverse social media channels and strategies, I am well prepared to offer these strengths—and many others—to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Community Manager.
From monitoring trends and analyzing metrics to driving brand awareness and increasing SEO, my expertise can be leveraged to enable successful community management strategies. I excel at leading efficient and productive teams and implementing forward-thinking initiatives and campaigns to create and sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Overseeing social media content for high-profile companies while working effectively and collaboratively with bloggers, fans, and key influencers to propel corporate presence and customer engagement.
- Drastically growing brand community from 7,000 to more than 25,000 fans in just two months through the design and implementation of a targeted social media marketing campaign.
- Identifying and tapping into new social media channels to optimize ROI and fuel revenue growth.
- Analyzing and reporting social media presence, engagement, and effectiveness across all platforms to boost overall impact and performance.
- Tracking and evaluating brand and competitor data to generate reports verifying the success of engagement, outreach, and campaigns.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing with a concentration in Social Media Marketing from California State University, Long Beach.
Considering my proven talent for overseeing the development and management of ambitious social media marketing content—combined with my ability to motivate teams and stimulate enduring customer relationships—I am well positioned to immensely benefit your team as your next Community Manager. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Elizabeth R. Bankston
Community Relations Manager Resume Samples
Community Relations Managers are employed by various types of organizations and are responsbile for nurturing the relationships fostering the company's success. These experts focus both on marketing strategies and on developing personal connections and they also need to help maximizing customer satisfaction. Community Relations Managers resumes highlight public relations expertise, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, computer competencies, customer service orientation, training skills and presentation abilities. Educational background in public relations, sales, marketing or communications is common experience in Community Relations Manager resume samples.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Community Relations Manager Jobs page.
Global Community Relations Manager
Designed, implemented, and managed global community relations strategy to reinforce brand, shape culture and strengthen communities where company operates.
- Led executive level board, evaluated best practices and developed strategy to align with business strategy and community needs.
- Successfully transitioned $3M community investment program from legacy funding to strategic community investment program while maintaining positive reputation with community leaders.
- Initiated development of community-wide program to link business leaders with non-profit boards. resulting in over 75% of organization's top leaders serving on boards.
- Collaborated with local United Way to develop volunteer center as resource for corporate volunteers in community.
- Increased employee giving from under 20% to over 50% participation in annual workplace giving campaign.
- Designed and implemented matching gift program, resulting in 500 participants in the first year.
- Established and led community relations council to coordinate strategy across global company locations.
Community Relations Manager
Developed and executed an effective, results-oriented, local community relations program that resulted in exceeding sales by 25%.
- Coordinated author signings, book release events, Non-Profit Literacy based fundraisers, book groups, and children's events.
- Advised school administrators with strategies to achieve successful fundraisers. Average school showed an increase of 15% in funding over previous years.
- Maintain media database to obtain press participation for special events, including interviews and video clips. Drafted media releases, store announcements, and event scripts.
- Developed and cultivated partnerships with publicists, local schools, non-profit organizations, and other institutions for book sales and fundraisers.
Community Relations Manager
Oversaw, developed and executed community outreach strategies by aligning ideas, objectives, and resources that resulted in successful sustainable programs. Established and maintained
strategic relationships with key community and corporate stakeholders taking lead responsibility on project management and execution.
- Managed the day-to-day departmental operations and supervised the work of the community relations staff.
- Researched meetings and leverage partnerships of major organizations by creating
- Identified strategic community alignments and leverage partnerships of businesses and organizations that created program awareness leading to additional interest and financial
- Created and administered organization's charitable donations program that distributed
- Managed the marketing and promotion of community initiatives, internally and externally, by successfully executing public relations programs such as distributing press releases and coordinating press conferences.
- Developed fundraising programs, maintained grant proposals and served as liaison for team's donor advised fund, [company name] Charities.
- Administered and improved team's speakers' bureau system by implementing an annual
Corporate Community Relations Manager
Led staff of 5 across 18 markets; managed $750K entertainment budget overseeing all donations and contributions.
- Created demographically targeted marketing strategies to maintain the perception of local, hometown banking to help
- Developed customer retention/attraction strategies utilizing highly-targeted marketing concepts for the strategic
- Recipient of the highly-coveted Professional Achievement Award, Southern Public Relations Federations; recognized by peers in four states after winning both the local and state award.
- Organized 15 major marketing events with attendance ranging from 200 to 2,000 across 5 states in past 15 months.
- Organized and executed major fundraiser event for Gulfport Chamber of Commerce drawing crowds of 5-10,000 from
Community Relations Manager
Managed Kids Club, Birthday Packages, and Hat Trick for Reading Program. Scheduled mascot and player appearances in the community. Assisted with promotion of team's appearances by scheduling speakers, soliciting appearances, managing database, and post event follow-up. Coordinated and executed all educational programs. Managed monthly charitable donations to assist fundraising efforts of qualified non-profit organizations. Maintained master spreadsheet to fulfill and track all appearances and donations. Assisted with planning and executing all charitable and community events. Managed internal and external ticket donation programs. Maintained spreadsheet of inventory. Assisted sales department with group sales, fundraisers, and Kids Club sponsors.
- Planned and executed entire Pink in the Rink Night fundraiser to benefit local breast cancer foundation. Helped to raise $24,000 from jersey auction.
- Utilized my sales experience to provide 42 birthday packages which generated over $3,700.
- Fulfilled more than 80 player and mascot appearances.
Marketing and Community Relations Manager
Developed advertising messaging strategies, coordinated fundraisers, handled donor retention & acquisition, headed organization's digital/social media & community relations, & tracked marketing efforts for returns.
- New position: built from the ground up developed & implemented marketing plan to address the nonprofit's basic needs in brand experience & donor engagement.
- Increased social media activity 300% by executing a precise campaign in conjunction with organization's services & events.
- Handled the new design, development, content management, maintenance & analytics of organization's website; increasing site visitors & click through traffic by 125%.
- Wrote & designed quarterly print newsletter, monthly e-newsletter, & weekly blog updates.
- Successfully coordinated & attended trade shows, speaking engagements & other key events in order to increase organization awareness & donations.
- 'Taste of Culture' open house- organized 20th anniversary event with over 1000 attendees, capturing 200 new contacts & raising over $3,000.
- CAMO Golf Scramble- organized annual fundraiser with over 75 sponsors & 20 teams.
- 'Salsa Sizzle'- raised $25,000 annually to benefit Domestic Violence Shelter in Honduras; 200 attendees
Community Relations Manager
Independently marketed Home Healthcare services through hospital based case managers, Social Service Directors at nursing homes, assisted living facilities and private physician practices.
- Maintained relationships with existing referral sources in my territory.
- Conducted lunch and learn in services and set up continuing education classes for nurses and social workers.
- Educated staff regarding processes and procedures for optimal billing.
- Achieved highest volume of referrals on our team for 12 consecutive months of my tenure.
Specialty Manager & Community Relations Manager
Maximized sales and profitability of assigned areas through execution of company programs.
- Work out entire merchandising, ordering and maintenance features along with necessary cash and inventory control.
- Take essential measures for coordinating particular events and promotions.
- Order supplies, signage and maintain proper stock levels of media.
- Formulate daily and weekly sales and activities reports.
- Provided excellent customer service to new and existing customers, quickly resolving issues and questions as they arose.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, mentored, coached and evaluated performance of hourly associates.
- Community, Non-profit, B2B Sales, and School fundraisers and promotions.
Community Relations Manager
Outside Sales to schools, non-profits, corporations
- Exceeded company sales goals, increasing outside sales by 40%
- Created new business for store through cold calling, emails, personal visits, numerous client referrals
- Planned and executed in-store special events, including writing promotional copy for local media
- Arranged Bookfair fundraisers for local schools, arts, and literacy organizations
- Guest speaker at educational events
- Arranged in-store author events, and provided career guidance to select authors
Community Relations Manager
Wrote business plan and helped create a non-profit 501 C3 outreach to help single young mother and their children.
- Mentored and provided counseling for teen mothers.
- Managed the fundraising and business aspects of the non-profit.
- Trained and equipped young mothers with skills they needed to obtain jobs or pursue education.
- Spoke to large groups of potential donors and supporters as part of the fundraising campaign and to raise community awareness of the non-profit's services.
- Wrote grants and secured funding for the non-profit.
- Acted as the Community liaison and attended various networking events, including the Chamber of Commerce, women's groups and other community events on a regular basis.
- Helped to establish an outreach as a non-profit 501
- Helped to provide the programs to help the participants to achieve their education and career goals.
- Established guidelines and programs to enhance the overall success of the organization.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.